Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Why Dancing?



As I worshiped one day, caught up in His joy and filled with possibility, I had this beautiful thought about Dancing on Water...

I knew this wasn't really my idea, but His! I am just thankful that I was tuned in at that moment! What a brilliant idea, dancing, spinning, twirling, even a curtsy on the water! Why not?! Peter walked on water, but that is just the beginning of what is possible!

In John 14:12, Jesus says:
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

I don't know about you, but this is really exciting news to me! I know there are many many more things that Jesus did that are not recorded in scripture, but nonetheless, He says that we are equipped for greater!! I know that I will be exploring this truth for the rest of my life!! I am totally guilty of limiting Him, my limited thinking gets in the way altogether too often! I don't want to do that anymore! I realize this is humanity and it will happen, but the greater is possible, for those who believe! That is what it says...

So, I guess I have to ask myself, what am I going to believe, my mind's limited thinking, which often has to add up and make sense or am I going to believe Him for the greater, which must include my mustard seed of faith?! Please understand that I am not criticizing our God given minds we have as they are a gift and we are meant to use them!!! However, we cannot put our logic on God, it doesn't work that way! We can use our minds and apply incredible logic to solve amazing problems, indeed, He gets the glory in the end! Does it make sense the Jesus spat on a blind man and He was FULLY healed?! And yet...

In Hebrews 11:1, it says:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Wow, I didn't mean to get all theological here, but I did! All this to say, that I want to fully put my faith in the things NOT seen and seek the greater, even the things that I don't yet understand! Lord, forgive me for putting my logic and limited thinking on you, I don't have your mind, I am asking for a renewing of my mind to see things more and more as you do!! I desire an increase in faith, so that I can be one that is ... Dancing on Water!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment